Relevant aspects 2014
- Satisfactory recovery of the coffee crop in Colombia and coffee prices, which benefits the entire chain.
- Promotional efforts in Colombia to energize the category.
- The Oriental Coffee Alliance (OCA) begins in Kuala Lumpur to market, in partnership with Mitsubishi Corporation, our portfolio in Asia: Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia, China, Brunei, the Philippines, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia.
- High increases and volatility in the price of the raw material throughout the year, well administered with different hedging strategies.
Strategic challenges 2015
- Energize the coffee category in Colombia, increasing per–capita consumption through product innovation, consumer education in preparation and benefits, and institutional programs to promote coffee consumption.
- Consolidate the Colcafé brand in the strategic region.
- Consolidate the strategic alliances in Asia, increasing our presence in the region, and in the United States with the involvement of new business partners.
- Effective, massifiable innovation for Colombia and abroad.
- Continue the hedging strategy to counter the environment of high volatility in the prices of green coffee.
Miguel Moreno Múnera
[In Nutresa since 2003]