Relevant aspects 2014
- Growth above that of the market in the three categories in which the Business participates in Colombia: cold cuts, long life and frozen dishes.
- Continuity in the process of optimizing the portfolio of brands and products, which consolidated Zenú as leader in Colombia.
- Increased coverage in the points of sale in Colombia, achieving 73%, the highest in history.
- Increased efficiencies in the integral operation of the Business, from sourcing of raw materials to product delivery to clients.
- Adjustment to the production and commercial processes, to be more flexible and adequately attend a changing market in Venezuela.
- Consolidation of operations in Venezuela to the SICAD II rate.
- Consolidation of the production operation in Panama City, increasing competitiveness, and adjustment of the portfolio of brands and products, which achieved a greater impact on the market.
Strategic challenges 2015
- Continue streamlining the categories in which we participate.
- Implement new attention models to convenience–store channels.
- Maintain the high positioning of brands and products and have greater presence in customer refrigerators.
- Research and develop innovative concepts in wellness, nutrition, health and food safety, to meet the needs of a more discerning,informed consumer, thus achieving the sustainability of the business.
- Search constantly for novel schemes for the efficient, competitive sourcing of raw materials, to minimize cost volatility.
- Increase efficiencies in the distribution model.
Diego Medina Leal
[In Nutresa since 1997]